My room is covered in Game of Thrones posters and I binge watched the show in no time. I absolutely love it and I felt absolute heartbreak when season 7 ended.
But I have learnt many things from Game of Thrones:
- “Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion is pretty much my favourite character and this quote stuck with me. It is so important to accept every flaw of yours… WHY? so when people talk about it, it doesn’t bother you because you truly accept yourself.
- Don’t show the world all your strengths or all your moves – Daenerys does this well as she hides the fact that she could be the gifted one. Why is this important? Sometimes timing is key, telling people all your strengths or all your plans and moves can just lead to things not working out for you.
- Real life is messy and anything can happen – often we watch films and shows that always show a happy ending and the good people always surviving. But the reality is that’s not what will always happen and I love GoT for showing that.
- Don’t be overconfident – Oberyn taught me this lesson as he got overconfident and that led to some brutal consequences. Confidence is good.. overconfidence not so much.
- Live your life because life is short – In GoT you never know when you could end up dying so the important thing is to live while you have the chance. I hate thinking about death but it is important to make the most of every moment you have.
Let me know if you like Game of Thrones and if you learnt anything from the series. Just drop me a comment if you want someone to cry with about the wait till season 8.