2018 has been the longest and the shortest year… What does that mean? Some months felt like they would never end and others just flew and here we are right before the end of the year and I am all like where did the year go????
But what really happened this year and what did I learn?
- I travelled. I travelled quite a bit for someone who was a student for most of the year. I went to visit friends, explore new cities, explore my own city and go back home to explore the life I left behind.
- I GRADUATED. I am surprised I didn’t put that for number 1. But I do feel like I do talk about it a lot but I can’t help it. My 4 years of work, pain, tears and joy led to this amazing moment. I SMILED THE WHOLE DAY! – anyone out there struggling to find the motivation to study. This moment should be your motivation. I could live this day on repeat.
- I learnt that never let the world change you. This year I got some hard knockdowns from life but I also got a very big lesson: don’t change yourself, be true to yourself.
- I started adulting – which means I work a full-time job and have to act like I know what I am doing when 75% of the time I have no idea.
5. This was the year I gained even more self-confidence. From presenting work at University to doing interviews to presenting at the House of Lords, this truly was the year of boosting my confidence.
This year has been a truly amazing year. With its ups and downs, twists and turns, I have learnt and grown so much. Now, I can’t wait to see what 2019 brings.
So here is to more adventures, more lessons and more funny stories <3