It is my 22nd birthday today… WOOHOO!
Here are a few things I have learned over the 22 amazing years:
- If you’re not happy, you can’t make other people happy – this one took me a while to learn but I realised that happy people make people happy!
- Always keep smiling – smiling is good for you and the people around you so keep smiling.
- You can’t make everyone happy – life is short and there over 7 billion people in the world.. simple maths says you can’t please everyone.
- Alone time is good – being around people is nice but it is important to spend some time alone just thinking and reflecting.
- Never let the child in you die – you don’t have to be adulting 24/7, its fine to let your inner child out every so often.
- Stay in touch with people – when you find the right people in your life, stay connected and don’t let them go.
- Let them go – when you realise someone isn’t right for you, let them go and walk away.
- Make time for yourself – life will get busy and other things will take priority but looking after yourself and your mental health is key.
- Explore – the world is big so go, travel and explore the world.
- Leave your comfort zone – comfort is good but sometimes it is important to push yourself and try something that scares you.
- It’s okay to ask for help – got an issue, something went wrong, you don’t understand something, just ask for help.
- Do something for others – As important as it is to look after yourself, it is also important to do things for others. The smile on their face is the best gift.
- If you want something, you got to work for it – nothing in life will fall in your lap. So, if you want something then you are going to have to work for it.
- Dreams come true – you know all those little dreams and desires we have, well, they do come true. You just need to have a little faith.
- Don’t compare yourself to others – comparing yourself to other people is the worst thing you can do, you’re unique and special and that’s all that matters.
- Exercise is good for you – this one I only learn recently but it is key. Exercise makes you feel better and is really good for you.
- Time always makes things better – I don’t believe that time heals all wounds but I do believe time makes things a little easier.
- Take a break from your phone – I talked about this in another post but take time away from your phone to appreciate the things and people around you.
- Sing and dance – sometimes, you just have to belt out your favourite song and do some crazy dance moves.
- Accept who you are – this includes your culture, your body, your skin… everything.
- You can’t always be right – it is okay to accept that and let other people know too. That doesn’t make you stupid.
- Love your parents and family – THIS ONE IS KEY! As we get busy we forget about them but honestly, one phone call or text is all they want.
Over the years I have learnt many other things but I feel these are some of the most important things. I hope you take away at least 1 or 2 things.
Now, I am going to go and enjoy my birthday and you all have a blessed day <3